Learn how to balance your nervous system and calm your mind whether you are a seasoned insomniac or an occasional non-sleeper. This class will help you establish a bedtime ritual so that you can let go and receive the nourishment of deep rest.
We will taste and experience a variety of preparations to add to you bedtime apothecary, including:
· An elixir to calm the nervous system during the day using: “Mimosa Bark”, Rose, Hawthorn and Milky Oats (or similar)
· A relaxing evening infusion with: catnip, lemon balm, chamomile and linden
· A delicious and soothing milky drink with ashwaganda, nutmeg, reishi and cardomom.
· A herbal infused oil for evening massage: with passionflower, hops, lavender, ashwaganda and essential oils
· A Mineral Salt and essential oil bath soak blend to aid magnesium absorption and relax the muscles before bed.
· A Bedtime tincture to allow the mind to let go of thoughts from the day: with passionflower, kava and skullcap
· A “Send me back to Sleep tincture Blend” for those who wake up in the middle of the night and struggle with returning to the sleep state using California poppy
· We will also discuss the importance of sleep hygiene as well as the medicinal actions of herbs and foods including black sesame, wild lettuce, tart cherry and why valerian is not the sleep herb for everyone!
About the facilitator:
With a passion and vast knowledge of herbs and a prolific career in design, Dawn Petter teaches classes about the art of plant based healing. Her classes are imaginative and accessible and are taught to encourage students to use herbal medicine in their daily lives. She incorporates her training from Arbor Vitae School of Traditional Herbalism with her natural creative flare. Dawn works as a herbalist and flower essence practitioner in NYC, leads herb walks, teaches classes at the JCC, 92Y, Brooklyn Grange, Brooklyn Brainery, Project Find, and the Just Food Conference, and runs an online apothecary shop called Petalune Herbals. To contact Dawn, email email@example.com